We want to read work that challenges and excites us, whether it’s a piece of reportage, a personal essay, a short story, a poem, or something that blurs generic boundaries. All submissions should be previously unpublished. Submissions should be in English, but may be translations (copyright permission is the responsibility of the translator).
What We Publish
- Features (including essays, reportage, commentary, and criticism) should be a maximum of 6000 words, and sent as Word attachments. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a proposal for an interview. Shorter reviews of new work in the arts are also accepted.
- Short Stories
- Short stories should be a maximum of 6000 words. Please send no more than one story, as a Word attachment.
- Up to 6 pages of poetry. Submissions should be sent as Word attachments. Please include all poems in one document, starting each poem on a new page.
- 6–8 photographs, in any image format, in the highest resolution possible.
- Send us samples of your work in any image format, in the highest resolution possible.
Please email all submissions directly to email@example.com, clearly stating your name.
The deadline for submissions for this issue of The Tangerine is Sunday February 12th, 2017.
The Tangerine particularly welcomes submissions from women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities.
Donate to The Tangerine
The Tangerine relies on the support of our readers, subscribers, and patrons to bring you new writing. Please consider helping us by making a contribution today. Donate £50 or more to become a patron of the magazine, and have your name listed online and in print.